5 Reasons Why Moms Blog
This morning my local Fox News affiliate came to my house and interviewed me about mom blogging. The story will air here in San Antonio onTuesday in the morning and evening news. I will be sure to post the video when I get it!
The interview got me to thinking about why moms like to blog. We do have a lot going on in our lives with kids, family, and house demands, but we carve out time in our day to share our thoughts with the world. Here is why I think we like to blog, but let me know in the comment section why you like to blog and give a shout out for your blog!
1. It is easy to chronicle our lives online. Have ever you gone back in your blog’s history? It is fun to see what we were thinking about at the time and what our children looked like.
2. For family and friends to keep up with your kids. I have a separate family blog where I post my daughter’s photos mostly for family who don’t live in the same town. I know many moms who would have never started a blog if it weren’t for having children and showing them off to family out of town.
3. You don’t have to leave your house to connect with friends. Imagine if we all used cameras when we blogged! Could you imagine what we would look like? I love being able to keep up with friends both out of town and in town through their blogs. I sometimes feel like I know my friends better through their blog than I do in real life.
4. To share our opinions and use our brains! My day consists of teaching Annabelle colors, shapes, and numbers. It is nice to get online and form complete sentences. When I write for The Mom Crowd I try to be thoughtful and helpful. I need the mental exercise to stay sane!
5. To get support and encourage other moms. I have read quite a few posts asking for help and what to do in certain situations. It is a great place to get feedback. Sometimes we just need to hear “I have been through that and you aren’t crazy.” Receiving sympathy comments are nice too. So you could even say that we blog for comments. I know I wouldn’t be the first to admit it.
Leave a comment and let us know why you blog! Why do you think mom blogging has become so popular? Also, give a shout out for your blog!