Fourth of July Link Round Up
I am preparing to celebrate the Fourth of July by looking up ideas for crafts, food, and fun around the web. I love ideas that are practical, easy, and can be prepared in a short time frame. I am NOT Martha Stewart and I don’t aspire to be. So here is what I have found to help all of us party in style this Friday!
- Brush up on your American history by checking out PBS’s short history of the Fourth of July.
- Use Earthcam and see Statue of Liberty welcoming people to the USA at this very second. (yes, I know this may seem so 1999, but I think it is cool.)
- Macaroniandpeas.com offers up some tips on grilling hot dogs (and dealing with any guilt about it.)
- Who doesn’t love Trifle? Here is a holiday version that will wow everyone. Other variations are also listed.
- Really cool cupcake ideas at HankandWillie.wordpress.com.
- Arranging colored cupcakes in a flag pattern. Not original, but certainly easy!
- This Red, White, and Blue IS the bomb! You have to check out how to make it at Chocolate on my Cranium.
Games and Crafts
- Amazingmoms.com lists 5 different relay races you can play this Summer with your kids.
- Here is link to 12 different printable coloring pages for the artistic kids in your family.
- Dress up your teddy bears for Independence Day. Then keep your bear around as a mascot for USA during the Olympics in August.
- I am usually lacking in appropriate holiday decor and I found these cute Uncle Sam Hat Treat Holders at crafts.kaboose.com.
What about the rest of the weekend?
- Independence Day is only on Friday, what about the the rest of the weekend? What to do then? Macy’s Three Day Sale, of course!
Do you do anything special for the Fourth of July? Will hot dogs be involved? Will your kids cry during the fireworks?